Elmwood is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented, relationship centric and collaborative team player to join our team. This in-scope position will report to the Manager of Community Inclusion and is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Elmwood Summer Recreational Programming. This program is designed to enhance the quality of life for resident’s living with intellectual disabilities and must include a balance of entertainment, physical fitness and learning of new skills. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone with a passion for supporting the community and is committed to making a difference in the lives of those living with intellectual disabilities.
- Communicate effectively with residents to determine their summer recreational goals
- Develop and monitor program budgets
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to develop recreational activities and outings for all 90+ residents in both larger and smaller groups
- Collaborate with Recreation Team and Community Inclusion Team for scheduling and coordination of events and activities
- Implement, assist, and support residents to participate in the coordinated recreational activities
- Provide ongoing personal care and support to the residents to maintain health and safety
Please note that as this position is developmental, job duties are subject to change
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed or enrollment in a Therapeutic Recreation Diploma program
- Knowledge of intellectual disabilities is considered a strong asset
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and satisfactory drivers abstract and ability to be insured with Elmwood’s insurance provider
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours as some evening and weekend work will be required
- You are an enthusiastic, self-driven team player with a sharp eye for details, excellent organizational skills with the ability to build strong and meaningful relationships
- As required by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant: successful applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 30
- Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search
- Final Candidates are required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, if unable to do so due to medical reasons or prohibited grounds, must undergo weekly PCR Testing
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant and will commence from June 2023 until end of August 2023 and works 40hrs per week including some evenings and weekends. The starting salary for this role is $20.15 per hour.
To apply, please submit your resume to Jannah Nicholson, Manager of Community Inclusion at email@example.com
Located in Saskatoon, Elmwood Residences Inc. is a Canadian Charitable Organization, Non-profit and Community-Based Organization (CBO) which provides support and services to over 120 individuals with intellectual disabilities. Elmwood operates eleven Community Homes, Kinsmen Manor and Saskatoon’ s largest Supported Independent Living Program. Our mission is to provide individualized care and support that nurtures growth, well-being and belonging for people living with intellectual disabilities.
For more information on Elmwood, please visit www.elmwoodyxe.ca