Elmwood is seeking a detail oriented, relationship centric and collaborative team player to join our team. This position will report to the Director of Finance and Information Services and receive mentorship support from the Development Coordinator.
The role of the Marketing and Development Assistant is to support the Development Team’s fundraising events, communications, donor relations and administrative functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the planning of the Fall Feast Fundraising Gala’s logistics, silent auction and ticket sales. They will also play and an integral role in developing the marketing and communications needs for the Year End Fundraising Campaign, summer social media activities and e-newsletter. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone with a passion for supporting the community and looking to start their career in the non-profit or disability sector to join an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of those with intellectual disabilities.
- Assist the Development Coordinator in coordinating the Fall Feast event logistics
- Create and execute a marketing strategy and materials to support ticket sales including but not limited to digital ads, website, social media and direct mail
- Manage and implement solicitation for the event’s virtual silent auction
- Support the ongoing stewardship of Fall Feast Sponsors and Ticket Holders
Year End Fundraising
- Collaborate with the Development Coordinator to analyze previous campaign results to evolve campaign messaging including oral, digital and print
- Support the development of creative, engaging and inspiring campaign written and visual messaging for various tactics including email, social media and direct mail
- Design campaign visual elements
- Champion our summer social media activity by planning, creating and posting appealing, relevant content to grow online engagement, create brand awareness and support fundraising activities
- Manage the creation and distribution of the summer e-newsletters
- Develop and implement a communications survey to resident families and donors to determine individual interests in terms of preferred communications methods and content and suggest changes to improve the current communications activities for maximum impact
- Initiate the creation of an annual communications calendar for the organization outlining current and future activities
- Support the Development Team’s administrative duties including donor stewardship and data management as required
Please note that as this position is developmental, job duties are subject to change.
To qualify for these positions, you:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Some post-secondary education in business administration, marketing, fundraising or related fields
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a professional setting preferred
- You are a self-driven team player with a sharp eye for details, exceptional written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational skills and strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- You are creative, adaptable, an outside of the box thinker with experience developing marketing and communications material using design programs (i.e Adobe Creative Suite or Canva)
- As required by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant: successful applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 30
- Final Candidates are required to provide satisfactory criminal record checks including a vulnerable sector search
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant and will commence from June 2023 until end of August 2023 and works 37.5hrs per week. The salary for this role is $23.00 per hour.
To apply, please submit your resume to Kennedy Bruce, Development Coordinator, at email@example.com
Located in Saskatoon, Elmwood Residences Inc. is a Canadian Charitable Organization, Non-profit and Community-Based Organization (CBO) which provides support and services to over 120 individuals with intellectual disabilities. Elmwood operates eleven Community Homes, Kinsmen Manor and Saskatoon’s largest Supported Independent Living Program. Our mission is to provide individualized care and support that nurtures growth, well-being and belonging for people living with intellectual disabilities.
For more information on Elmwood, please visit www.elmwoodyxe.ca