Care Staff are responsible for providing support and care to aging individuals experiencing intellectual disabilities who reside with Elmwood Residences in Kinsmen Manor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently provide high quality support for aging residents of Elmwood Residences Inc. Kinsmen Manor in line with our Resident First Approach. This may include, but is not limited to, delivering complex medical supports and palliative care.
- Work with residents towards the goals identified through Person-Centred Planning processes.
- Support residents to maintain skills and capacities and provide opportunities to develop new skills and growth.
- Follow and implement established routines, support plans and behavior support strategies.
- Provide personal care, support and assistance to residents in daily living activities. Assist with meals and feeding residents as needed.
- Assist and follow through as necessary with all medical, dental, and optical care under direction of the supervisor as prescribed by doctors.
- Complete and maintain resident records, files, and progress notes.
- Safely use mechanical lifts or other designated equipment for transferring, lift and re-positioning of residents.
- Ambulate, transport and support residents to attend appointments and recreational opportunities.
- Communicate openly and take direction from Kinsmen Manor Nursing Staff to provide support and respond effectively in situations and incidences.
- Identify opportunities to improvement in supports and services delivered.
- Act in accordance with Elmwood’s policies, procedures and practices and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information.
- Other duties as requested/assigned. Job duties are subject to change.
- Relationship building with individuals, families and partners
- Focus on community inclusion and involvement
- Focus on delivering high-quality supports and continual improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Secondary education in related discipline required.
- Experience with individuals experiencing intellectual disabilities and aging required.
- Valid Driver’s License and CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Clearance required.
- Intermediate Computer Skills.
NOTE: This is an in-scope position.