Support workers (SW) are responsible for providing support and care to individuals experiencing intellectual disabilities who reside with Elmwood Residences in Community Homes.
- Work with residents towards the goals identified through Person-Centred Planning processes.
- Support residents to maintain skills and capacities and provide opportunities to develop new skills and growth.
- Follow and implement established routines, support plans and behavior support strategies.
- Provide personal care, support and assistance to residents in daily living activities.
- Safety and consistently deliver medication in line with medication training and procedures.
- Provide nutritious meals for residents and ensure a clean and safe living environment in line with standards.
- Complete and maintain resident records, files, and progress notes.
- Transport and support residents to attend appointments and recreational opportunities.
- Communicate openly and take direction from Community Home Coordinators to provide support and respond effectively in situations and incidences.
- Identify opportunities to improvement in supports and services delivered.
- Act in accordance with Elmwood’s policies, procedures and practices and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information.
- Other duties as requested/assigned. Job duties are subject to change.
- Relationship building with individuals, families and partners
- Focus on community inclusion and involvement
- Focus on delivering high-quality supports and continual improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Education and experience with individuals experiencing intellectual disabilities and aging considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License and CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Clearance required.
- Intermediate Computer Skills.
NOTE: This is an in-scope position.