Posted 4 years ago
The Housekeeping Aide is responsible for providing a high standard of sanitation and housekeeping at Elmwood’s (ERI) Kinsmen Manor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently provide a high standard of work in accordance with Elmwood’s policies, procedures and practices in keeping with ERI philosophies and as directed by the supervisor or supervisor’s designate.
- Communicate with residents in a friendly and respectful manner
- Maintain resident rooms, common areas, and office in a clean, sanitary and tidy condition
- Maintain toilet, tub and shower areas in a clean, sanitary and tidy condition
- Clean and wash dining room tables and chairs
- Ensure housekeeping equipment is clean and in good operating order
- Check and restock housekeeping and lavatory supplies
- Supervise individuals at housekeeping work stations
- Attend in-service and training sessions as assigned
- Ensure the safety and comfort of all residents by cooperating with other staff
- Relationship building with individuals
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Completion of Grade Ten or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Ability to give and receive oral and written communications
- Physically fit and able to perform all duties
- Ability to work with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Clearance is required
NOTE: This is an in-scope position.